As promised in the previous post, here is a very simple recipe that will satisfy your comfort food cravings in a healthy way. It is perfect for a lazy Sunday morning, but works great as a lunch option too.
This recipe combines a healthy amount of good fats and protein, with virtually negligible quantities of carbs. This nutritional profile stabilizes blood sugar levels, keeps you full for longer and boosts the mood and brain function. Oh, and it is delicious too. Give it try!
Eggs in pots
Ingredients (for 1 egg; scale up for more)
- 1 free-range egg
- 2 heaped tablespoons of crème fraiche
- 20 gr smoked salmon (finely chopped)
- A teaspoon of chopped chives
- salt and freshly ground black pepper for seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Season the crème fraîche with salt and pepper and add chives.
- Place 1 tablespoon of crème fraîche mixture in the bottom of a ramekin.
- Put salmon over crème fraiche.
- Carefully crack 1 egg on top and add the second tablespoon of the crème fraîche mixture.
- Place the ramekin in a baking dish and pour lukewarm water into the dish to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Place the baking dish into the preheated oven and bake the egg until the yolk is set but still runny (approx. 20 min).