Here is another delicious comfort food recipe to indulge your taste buds without compromising your health.
Courgette pasta with creamy chicken sauce
For the courgette pasta:
2 medium sized courgettes
For the sauce:
3 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 chicken thighs, cut into pieces
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 leek, finely chopped
1 celery stalk, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 cup chicken stock
3/4 cup double cream
1 tablespoon mustard
1 tablespoon of fresh/dry herbs (e.g. thyme, oregano, basil or rosemary)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper for seasoning
Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Make courgette pasta, using a spiralizer, a vegetable peeler or a sharp knife. Cook by steaming for 3-5 min or quickly fry until warmed through.
- Melt the butter with olive oil in a frying pan and cook the chicken pieces until they brown evenly. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion, leek, celery and garlic to the same pan and gently fry until soft.
- Add the wine and let simmer for 5 minutes to reduce.
- Add the chicken stock, the double cream, herbs and mustard and let the sauce simmer until it thickens slightly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the chicken to the sauce and cook until it warms through.
- Pour the sauce over courgette pasta and serve. Sprinkle with Parmesan (if using).